“Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age is not.” How true is this quote? It is a fact that your skin reflects your age. The most delicate part of your body is your skin and therefore, it is vital that you take care of it. Still, most of the people don’t really bother to follow the best skin care routine to keep their skin looking healthy at any age.
For most people, their basic skin cleansing regimen includes washing their face with water and maybe dabbing on some cream, but that’s not how you should do it. Your skin needs more care and attention than that. If you follow skincare tips now, you will see good results when you are older.
If you worry about dark circles, baggy eyes, age spots, wrinkles and pimples, you are in safe hands now. In this article, you will learn about the most perfect solutions to your skin woes. Here are 25 best skin care tips that will help to make your skin look glowing and more beautiful.
Are you ready to be the diva? All you have to do is just start reading.
1. Use Best Skin Care Brands to Fight Excessive Sun Exposure
Feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin, especially during those cold, harsh winter days is so welcoming. Even though a small amount of sun is good for your health, excessive exposure can be harmful, because of the damaging ultraviolet rays.
It is vital that you keep yourself protected from the sun in order to avoid premature aging. Prevention is better than the cure; therefore, you must take every possible action to shield your skin against the harmful rays of the sun. Here are a few tips that you can follow to keep yourself sun safe:
- Wear sunscreen each and every day; whether it’s a sunny day, a rainy day or just a gloomy day.
- Look for a sunscreen formula with physical ingredients, such as zinc oxide or titanium oxide as they are effective at blocking sunrays.
- Use a sunscreen with a SPF factor higher than 15.
- Always wear sunglasses to protect your fragile eyes from the Sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. It will protect your eyes from aging and under-eye wrinkling.
- Wear brim hats or scarves to keep your head and face covered against the sun’s rays.
2. A Good Skincare Formula: No Makeup, Please
Every woman loves wearing makeup, as it acts as a confidence booster for many. Experts advise that you should limit the use of makeup on your face. Besides, no matter how tired you are at the end of the day, do not go to bed with make-up on your face.
You should remove makeup before you fall asleep, because your skin is prone to being damaged by the harmful makeup products during the night. You are making your skin vulnerable if you don’t allow it to breathe.
Use a makeup remover to thoroughly wipe your makeup before bed. If you are inclined to use natural products, simply add some olive oil on a cotton pad to wipe all the makeup off.
3. The Best Skin Care Technique: If You Must Wear It, at Least Clean Your Makeup Brushes
You must remember to clean your makeup brushes regularly. This is because they pick up dirt easily and may cause pimple outbursts or cause other bad effects on your skin.
4. Follow a Good Skin Care Regime: Exfoliate Gently, But Regularly
Exfoliation deals with removing dead skin cells from the outer surface of the skin. It is an essential skin care regimen step for having the perfect skin. Exfoliation will help to make your skin look healthier and fresher.
Use the best skin care line of products or an exfoliator to ensure your skin remains free of dead skin cells. You will inevitably have a smoother skin if you exfoliate at least two times in a week.
- If your skin is sensitive, use a damp or moist face cloth in circular motions, to get rid of dry skin cells.
- If your skin is acne prone, a charcoal mask will be beneficial.
- If you have dry skin, exfoliate gently and sparingly. Do not ever over-exfoliate.
5. Best Skincare Tip: Moisturize Your Skin Once a Day and at Night
Applying a moisturizer after cleansing your face is a vital step to lock in the moisture. The best time to do this is after taking a shower in the morning and before going to bed at night. Make sure you have chosen the best skin care brand moisturizer for your skin type.
You must avoid products that have a heavy fragrance and choose a moisturizer that is light in texture. Also, you have to look for a moisturizer that suits your skin type. You should consider taking the advice of a skin expert before you pick your skin care product.
6. Get Rid of Those Stretch Marks with the Best Skin Care Line of Products
A number of reasons, like sudden weight gain or loss, pregnancy or a dramatic growth spurt among teenagers can cause intense pulling and stretching of the skin, thus leading to stretch marks.
Stretch marks are unpleasant, but the good news is you can get rid of them or at least fade them with the right treatment, such as:
- Aloe Vera Gel: Use aloe vera gel on the affected parts and wash it off after leaving it on for 15 minutes.
- Castor Oil: Apply castor oil on stretch marks.
- Sugar-Almond Paste: Make a paste with a teaspoon of white sugar with a few drops of almond juice or extract to fade scars.
- Lemon-Potato Tonic: Prepare a skin tonic by adding a few drops of lemon to a teaspoon of potato juice, to get rid of the marks.
- Skinception: If you want quick and effective results, consider using stretch mark therapy cream from skinception to serve your purpose. It is a magical product that works.
7. Effective Skin Care Tip: Prevent Aging on Your Chest And Neck
Many women fail to recognize that the neck and chest need proper attention, too. This is because the dryness, age spots and wrinkles would also appear on these parts. They are covered with sensitive skin and are equally exposed to the sun’s rays.
Instead of using deo-soaps, apply facial cleansing creams on your chest and neck to wash it gently. Also, you must use a good sunscreen and moisturizer daily to keep the areas hydrated and protected. There are also a number of serums and other products meant only for the neck and chest, which you can invest in.
8. No Puffy Eyes in the Morning Anymore with These Natural Fixes
Hormone changes, fatigue, aging, allergies, crying, less sleep and most prominently, stress can cause swelling of the eyes popularly called “puffy eyes” and dark circles. They can make you look sick and sluggish. If you are really annoyed about it, here are a few solutions:
- Use a hemorrhoid cream under the eyes to reduce the puffiness.
- Avocados can reduce dark circles.
- Keep soaked tea bags in the refrigerator. Place these cool eye bags over the eyes to make you feel calm and fresh.
- Place sliced cucumbers on top of your eyes to reduce redness and puffiness.
9. Use Therapeutic Treatments for Best Natural Skin Care
Ayurvedic, herbal products or healing ingredients found right in your kitchen when applied on the skin can help to make it glow, shine and remain forever youthful. The most vital thing to note is that herbal products do not cause any side effects, unlike manufactured skin products.
Ayurveda is a storehouse of beauty secrets. Here are a few simple skin care recipes:
- Skin Care Pack: A simple paste made from a few drops of rose water with a teaspoon of chickpea flour and a pinch of turmeric powder is a flawless skin care pack.
- Exfoliation Ointment: For exfoliation, you can mix equal parts of sea salt and olive or almond oil.
- Cleansing Oils: For cleansing, you can use castor oil mixed with olive oil.
You must avoid products with artificial fragrances and harmful additives. Herbal and ayurvedic products assure you of safer products that help your skin to breathe easily.
10. Bid Goodbye to Pimples: Say Hello to Good Skin
There’s nothing more annoying than pimples or acne on the skin. If you want to avoid these disastrous breakouts, especially on your face, remember to keep your face clean all the time. Here are a few steps that you can follow to take care of your skin:
- Cleansing: Apply a gentle face wash on your face and neck, work up a lather in circular motions and then wash it off, at least twice a day. Make sure that the product consists of beta hydroxyl acid or alpha hydroxyl acid.
- Moisturizing: After cleansing, let your skin dry naturally and then follow it up by applying a moisturizer consisting of benzoyl peroxide.
Tip: Please remember that you must never pop pimples. This could lead to permanent scars. Orange peels extract, baking soda, lemon juice and papaya are also effective in removing pimples.
You can use skin products for cleansing, toning and moisturizing, which have a hydrating formula in order to get beautiful skin.
11. Stop Touching Your Face
When your hands are in contact with your face, there is an excessive urge within you to look out for uneven skin or irregularities and then pop or scar such a thing.
Stop touching your face with the hands that do so many dirty things in a day. And, if you can’t resist touching your face all the time, make sure you have cleaned them with an anti-bacterial wash. Always keep your nails short and clean. Besides that, don’t pick your nose and then touch your face.
12. The Most Effective Tip for Healthy Skin: Have Patience
When you don’t see instant results after using a particular product, you tend to lose patience and discontinue using that. Instead, you start using new products in its place. This is a habit you must get rid of.
Do not use too many products on your already fragile skin. This can lead to clogged pores or more acne and can be extremely damaging to the skin. Remember, too much of anything is harmful. Choose a product that suits your skin type and uses it religiously for a considerable period of time to see results.
13. Drinking and Smoking Are Not Friends With Healthy Skin
You do not want your skin to age faster than you. The first step you have to take is to distance yourself from substance abuse in the form of drugs, smoking and consumption of alcohol.
When you have such deadly addictions, it shows on your skin as well. Smoking cigarettes excessively or drinking alcohol regularly can lead to a pale skin tone, dehydration, makes the skin lose its elasticity and gives rise to wrinkles.
14. Stress Can Impact Your Looks: Adopt Healthy Habits
When you are stressed, you tend to get more breakouts. Stress releases cortisol or other hormones in your body, which makes your skin oily and this will ultimately lead to the formation of acne. Here is how you can maintain some peace of mind:
- Relax: Adopt healthy habits like meditation and yoga to relax and reduce stress.
- Breathe: Learn the art of deep breathing to help your skin breathe and so that you can stay calm, peaceful and have a more balanced life.
- Cuddle: Cuddle with your partner or have sex to ward off stress and feel happier.
- Have Fun: Indulge in stress buster activities, such as listening to music, watching movies and partaking in your hobbies.
15. Working Out is the Key to Healthy Skin
Exercise is healthy for your body. Your heart is fit, your lungs are sound and your mental state is tremendous. Working out improves blood circulation in the body. By expanding the flow of blood, exercising makes sure that your skin is nourished and glowing.
While and after working out, your body goes through a cleansing process and leaves you with a content feeling of not only being fit, but also a healthier body and skin.
16. Eat Foods That Are Good For Your Health and Skin
What you eat has a lot to do with your skin. Just applying makeup and other skin products will not help you to look beautiful. Your body needs to feel well from within, for which it needs nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Here is what you can do:
- Increase your intake of foods with antioxidants. They help to fight free radicals and skin damaging molecules.
- Eat more green vegetables. Choose veggies like broccoli, kale, cabbage, spinach and whole fruits.
- Look for skin-friendly foods. Consume blueberries, cranberries, beans, kiwi, artichokes and dark chocolate for best results.
- Keep away from fried and junk food. It is the leading cause of obesity and also leads to breakouts on the skin.
If your body is healthy, it will reflect on your skin. Aim to have a balanced diet every day.
17. Consume Mixed Nuts: Your Body Needs Healthy Fats
Eat raw nuts and not the salted version. Nuts are full of vitamin E, which is considered to be the most desirable antioxidant for healthy skin.
Eat cashews, almonds, avocados, pistachios and Brazil nuts for fabulous skin. You can consume them interchangeably or together, as a snack. Simply toss them into salads and have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
18. Recharge Your Beauty Overnight: Reasons to Get Your Beauty Sleep
Doctors suggest that beauty sleep is a must to repair damaged skin. If you don’t sleep enough, the tiredness reflects on your skin too. You must sleep for at least eight hours a day. Not only does it have a lot of health and mental benefits, but it is extremely beneficial for your skin, as well. It also helps to prevent premature aging of the skin.
In addition, you must not sleep on pillows with cotton covers. Use satin covers instead. Your sleeping position can also affect the health of your skin. Try to sleep with your back resting on the bed, and don’t sleep with your face and side on the bed.
19. Drink More Water for Healthy and Plump Skin
Less water consumption takes away the radiance from your skin and is also one of the prime reasons for acne. It is essential to stay hydrated at all times. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day and even more during summers.
Water helps in absorption, circulation, better digestion and also excretion which ultimately lead to bright and lustrous skin.
20. Use Best Skin Care Products: An Oil Massage for Best Skin Care
A facial oil massage can bring a lot of benefits to your skin. Choose amongst coconut, almond, mustard or coconut oil according to your skin type and pamper your skin with a rejuvenating massage.
These nutritive agents have the power to give you a younger looking skin and also help to restore your damaged skin. Put on some soft music whilst massaging and you will feel more relaxed and also have shining bright skin at the same time.
21. Tip for Clean Skin: Why Your Smartphone Needs Cleaning
Dermatologists across the world have agreed that a dirty smartphone can contribute to your skin problems and cause acne, for example. The screen of the phone picks up contaminants like bacteria, which gets into contact with your skin while you are answering a call and develops pimples or rashes on the skin.
You just need to clean your phone regularly. Take a paper towel and dab some hand sanitizer on it to cleanse your phone screen.
22. Follow a Simple, Yet Effective Skin Care Routine
Fancy products are fun to apply; however, they aren’t something that will produce noticeable results. Keep your best skincare routine limited to a few products that are simple to use and apply.
Just find the right products that suit your skin type and stick to the routine. Remember, it might take a few weeks or months for results to show on your skin.
23. Ways to Make Your Wrinkled Face Smoother
Wrinkles can be depressing. Sun damage, aging, bad nutrition habits, dehydration are some of the reasons for wrinkle formation. Below are some of the best anti-aging skin care tips that will aid in preventing wrinkles:
- Break Bad Habits: Give up smoking and alcohol.
- Use Good Oils: Consume saturated fat, like avocados and coconut oil.
- Be Water Wise: Always stay hydrated to flush out toxins from your body.
- Get Antioxidants: Increase your antioxidants intake to fight damaging free radicals.
- Pamper Your Skin: Apply a moisturizing face mask at least once a month to detoxify your skin.
- Protect Your Skin: Use sunscreen to prevent sun damage.
- Rest Often: Sleep enough to help your skin to repair itself.
The most effective way to reduce wrinkles is to use creams, lotions and gels that contain natural ingredients. Organic ingredients are milder and far safer from conventional ingredients used in skin care products like alcohols, mineral oil and fragrances.
24. Don’t Compromise on Quality
Please ensure that you never buy inferior products when it comes to your skin. Invest in the best skin care products and best skin care brands only. Low quality products can have a lot of side effects on your body and skin, too.
If you are in doubt what to buy, read the best skin care product reviews by other customers who have used the product. Don’t let manufacturers fool you by their exaggerating marketing campaigns. Be a wise consumer.
25. Keep Your Skin Safe from Hot Water
No doubt a hot shower can help you to feel relaxed and fresh, but how many of you knew that hot long showers aren’t doing any good to your skin? Hot water aids in stripping away the natural oil from your skin and also destroys the pores, which leads to dry and rough skin.
Having flawless skin is not an unachievable task; and all it requires is a change of lifestyle habits you will feel over time. Follow the best skin care tips above routinely and beautiful skin is just a step away from you.